- Peter Rippon, Vice-President, Pulp and Energy, will retire at the end of April 2016
- Dave Lehane, Vice-President, Woodlands, will retire at the end of June 2016.
- Ray Ferris, currently our Vice-President, Wood Products, has been appointed Executive Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer. Ray has been with the Company since 1997 in a number of senior roles and has extensive manufacturing experience in the forest products industry.
- Chris McIver, currently our Vice-President, Lumber Sales and Corporate Development, has been appointed Vice-President, Sales and Marketing and will assume overall responsibility for sales and marketing of lumber, panels and pulp products and for transportation matters.
- Sean McLaren, currently our Vice-President, U.S. Lumber Operations, has been appointed Vice-President, U.S. Lumber reflecting his greater role in the implementation of strategies and initiatives for our U.S. lumber division.
- Brian Balkwill, currently our General Manager, Canadian Lumber, has been appointed Vice-President, Canadian Lumber.
- Keith Carter, currently our General Manager, Pulp Operations, has been appointed Vice-President, Pulp and Energy Operations, and will assume the pulp and energy operational responsibilities of Peter Rippon on his retirement. Keith has been with the Company since 2000 and has held a variety of maintenance, engineering and general management responsibilities and holds an engineering degree.
- Larry Gardner, currently our General Manager, Canadian Woodlands Operations, has been appointed Vice-President, Canadian Woodlands and will assume the Canadian woodlands responsibilities of Dave Lehane on his retirement. Larry has been with the Company since 1980 in a variety of roles including Chief Forester and is a Registered Professional Forester.
- Chuck Watkins, currently our General Manager, U.S. Lumber Manufacturing, has been appointed Vice-President, U.S. Lumber Manufacturing. Chuck has been in the wood products industry since 2006 and joined us in 2012.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips and energy with facilities in western Canada and the southern United States.
Note: This News Release contains certain forward-looking statements about potential future developments, in particular those relating to the announced retirements of Mr. Rippon and Mr. Lehane and changes in the Company’s management. Readers should exercise caution in relying upon forward-looking statements and the Company (West Fraser) undertakes no obligation to publicly revise them to reflect subsequent events or circumstances except as required by applicable securities laws.