The global green building materials market size is expected to exceed USD 364 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising consumer awareness regarding benefits of these products such as lower maintenance and operating costs is expected to propel demand for these components over the forecast period.
Supportive regulatory policies favoring the use of green building materials in construction coupled with construction industry growth particularly in developing economies is expected to have a positive impact towards growth. In addition, these components contribute towards reducing the overall project cost due to low raw material cost. These attributes coupled with government initiatives such as ENERGY STAR in the U.S., aimed at providing incentives to consumers reducing their energy consumption is expected to promote growth.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Exterior materials were valued at over USD 19.50 billion in 2014. Growing demand for exterior materials such as fiber cement, aerated concrete, wood, bamboo, clay brick and other reinforced materials in the construction of green buildings owing to superior durability and aesthetics is likely to propel demand for the product over the forecast period.
- Framing applications is expected to witness second fastest growth after insulation, growing at a CAGR of 11.5% from 2015 to 2022. Technological advancements coupled with R&D have led to the use of improved framing materials such as autoclaved aerated concrete, certified wood, engineered lumber, recycled steel studs and other insulated panels. These materials provide reduced carbon emission as well as provide the structural stability.
- Europe demand for green building materials was valued at USD 46.70 billion in 2014. The region is expected to witness significant growth on account of the growing efforts by European Union towards reducing global carbon footprint. New construction accounted for the majority share for these products. However, technological advancements have enabled existing concrete buildings to be converted into green buildings. Steady recovery of the construction sector in Europe coupled with growing popularity of these products is expected to promote growth over the forecast period.
- Key players in the market include PPG Industries, Kingspan Group plc, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, RedBuilt, LLC, Forbo International SA, Interface Inc., Owens Corning, Lafarge, Bauder Limited, BASF SE, Binderholz GmbH, National Fiber, Alumasc Group and CertainTeed Corporation.
Grand View Research has segmented the global green building materials market on the basis of product, application and region:
- Green Building Materials Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 – 2022)
- Green Building Materials Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 – 2022)
- Exterior siding
- Interior finishing
- Green Building Materials Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2012 – 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Boron Market – //www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/boron-market
- Mineral Wool Board Insulation Market – //www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/mineral-wool-board-insulation-market
- Cold Insulation Market – //www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cold-insulation-market
- Fireclay Tiles Market – //www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fireclay-tiles-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Source: PR Newswire