Thanks for your interest in contributing to Building Material News. We welcome submissions by lumber associations, building material manufacturers, realtor associations, and other experts in the field including freelance writers and photographers. Please read our editorial guidelines below and email us your submissions at:
- Guest posts must be well-written, well-researched, and a good read. The subject must be important, compelling and thought provoking to lumber and building material industry executives. The post should advance an ongoing dialogue within the industry.
- We reserve the right to reject articles if they are not deemed valuable to our readers. We will reject any guest post outright that is promotional in nature.
- We reserve the right to edit articles for style. If there are any significant structural and/or factual issues, we will discuss any changes with the author before making them.
- There is no word limit or minimum. Visuals, such as photographs and data visualization, are not required but are encouraged. Hyperlinks are highly encouraged to provide readers with access to source documents.
- Submissions should include author bio paragraph and up to 1 link.
Please note these standards are ultimately subject to the interpretation of Building Material New’s editorial team.